Friday, February 3, 2012

Happy Anniversary to Me!

I know my fur is a hot mess
Four (not 4, I learned from Tierney you have to spell out the number when it starts a sentence) years ago today, I started my blog Life in the Dog House (Dog house is two words because I was trying to convey that the whole house is mine... like I rule the house, so it's a dogs house.  I think people just think I spelled it wrong.)  I've had so much fun writing this blog over the years.  It's mainly been an online journal for us, and a place to post some photos of Linda, the family and pets as we've grown and changed.  In the first month, I think I had a total of 48 readers.  Now there can be that many in an hour!  The only days I've missed posting have been when Linda was on vacation and then again when our computer broke.  The readers I know of that have been with me from day one are Tierney and Paul Walker.  They both read every single day.. so big snuggles and licks to both of you.  Jerry cares about me, but he can only remember to do one thing at a time.  If the blog isn't open in front of him, he forgets about it.  There are also some friends of Linda's who have recently started reading, and we thank you all too!  If Linda ever takes a web design course, she would love to change the format to http://thepioneerwoman.com/
This blog is so funny, you have to add it to your reading list. (Make sure you find the post about the time she broke the glass door of the donut case at the 7-11.)  She has one blog, with 7 different tabs on the homepage, so it's really 7 blogs within 1 blog.  There is a button for family, cooking, photography, home schooling, etc.  I want to do that with my blog. Along with the dogs antics, we have new baby on the way, Linda's fitness tips, her journey between vegan-vegetarian-pescaterian, Noah, and her faith and church family.  The pet portion would continue to be in a dog voice (I know some readers hate that!) but the rest of it would be in Linda's, Noah's or the new babies voice.  Jerry, if this is one of the days you are reading my blog, would this format be hard to set up?