Friday, February 10, 2012

I'm Not Jealous

Chimmie L O V E S Linda
Linda's had a lot of great dogs during her lifetime.  When she was 5 years old, she her own personal guard dog. (She can't believe that she does not remember his name!)  Her Dad trained dogs in the military, so he knew how to train the dog to protect Linda.  Problem was, he trained it a little too good.  The dog would attack anyone not in the immediate family who got close to her.  There was an old-fashioned meat market at the corner by Linda's house.  Trucks would come to deliver whole dead cows and pigs to this giant room size freezer in the back of the store.  This hook thing hanging from the ceiling would move the cow into the freezer to be cut up.  (This explains Linda's very early aversion to eating meat.)  Once she was walking by with the dog and one of the worker men approached her.  True story... the dog went ballistic and the guy had to shove the cow into the dog to stop it from killing him.  Another time the trash man came up to Linda on the front porch and the dog bit his leg.  Eventually, she came home from school one day and the dog was gone.  Her mom told her  the dog went to live on a "farm" because he needed more room to run.   Some of the other dogs she had were Benji and Matty.  Benji died at 15 years old and Matty had to go live somewhere else after Tierney was born.  You all know about the devil dog Sheba and the angel dog Snickers.  This post is really about Chimmie.  Linda and I share a special bond, no doubt.. but I really am Jerry's dog.  Most dogs bond with one person, and he's my number one pick.  I love Linda and she loves me, but my heart does major back flips when Jerry comes to walk me.  I've always been his princess.  (Don't get any ideas Jerry, Linda is NOT suggesting I live with you!!)  But Chimmie is different.  He loves Linda with every single piece of fur on his body.  He is so sweet and cuddly, it makes her just melt.  Not a day goes by without him showering her with unconditional love and affection.  I'm not jealous one bit about his bond with Linda.  She never neglects me, I'm just not as needy as he is.  UPDATE:  Bootsie!  His name was Bootsie!!