Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Page Views (and Reviews)

No Kong Zone
I am almost at 40,000 page views!  I know for big blogs, that is a day's total, but for my little Life in the Dog House... I'm happy that I've got so many faithful readers.  I average about 125-160 hits a day, some from far away places like Asia, Australia and Germany.   Linda keeps telling me if we allowed advertising, we might make some money.  I just don't like to read blogs that have ads you need to scroll past or that pop-up when you don't want them to.  If we made $10 a month, it's not worth it.  If we made $10 a day, she would think about it.  I would like to do reviews of products and then give prizes out to people like Tier did on Ruby Woo.  First, we need to find a toy company that wants Chimmie to test their toy line.  When Chimmie destroyed a "Kong" in one day (he was only 8 pounds at the time), Linda emailed the company for her money back and included a photo of how he tore it up.  They were like "too bad lady."  She never bought another "Kong" brand toy again.  She almost broke down a few months ago and bought him a $75 Kong brand bed that advertised as the toughest bed on the market.  When she was carrying it to the checkout, the Pet Smart manager told her not to buy it because so many of them had been returned totally destroyed.  Unless your dog is toothless, don't buy a Kong.  (I guess the Kong company won't be sending us any free toys to give away.)