Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Back on the Leash


Day two did not work so well for off-leash walking. I was very slow and would not obey Linda when she said "Come!" The smells were just to tantalizing. Plus, I wanted to go on the trail and she didn't have time before work. I kept stopping and looking at the street to be carried across to the woods. Also, Chimmie tried to murder me. I know, dogs probably can't premeditate stuff like that, but he really did. At home, numerous people have seen him try to push me down the stairs. He actually uses his head or body and has caused me to tumble down a few steps on more than one occasion. Today, when I was smelling something on the grass by the curb, he attempted to knock me off the curb into the street! Linda said it looked deliberately planned. I wonder what Cesar would say about that? Plus, Jerry is very against me walking off leash. When he read the blog, he sent Linda an email with horror stories of what happened to other dogs he knows that have walked without being leashed. I guess my Born Free days are officially over.