Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Fly on the Wall

I Am Coming to Get You!
Last July, one full year ago, I was terrorized by a fly in our bedroom. I wrote all about it on this very blog.  Last night, another fly was buzzing around Linda's lamp, banging against the shade and hitting the wall over our head.  I was shaking and quivering like it was an earthquake and thunderstorm combined.  I jumped off The Big Bed (which is very high!) to get away from the killer fly.  Linda tried to sooth me, but I wasn't having any of it.  She let me go to my kitchen bed and she swatted the fly dead. (No qualms about this kill.)  She bought me back in the bedroom, but I was certain it was just hiding in wait to terrorize me again. I ended up spending 1/2 the night in the kitchen alone.  Finally around 3:30 a.m., I cried at her door to be let in and cautiously found a spot on The Big Bed I thought would be safe.  I don't know why I can go up to a strange 100 pound dog and not be the least bit frightened, but I HATE inside bugs.