Friday, July 8, 2011

The Big Bed


I was missing Noah so much last night. When he took his nap earlier that afternoon, Linda laid his blanket down on The Big Bed and put pillows all around him. Every night, as soon as I start getting tired (and have had enough of Chimmies shenanigans,) I run to The Big Bed and whine. Linda puts me up there and finishes whatever she was doing and then gets ready for bed. Last night I discovered Noah's scent still fresh on the bed. I dug and burrowed and rubbed my body all over the spot he was sleeping in. When Linda came in, I wouldn't even move over to sleep in a different spot. She had to lay down on the very side of the bed. This picture is from when he was just a few months old. We were almost the same size then. Now he weighs about 4 times as much as I do. I was scared of him when he was an infant. How silly was that?