Monday, July 11, 2011

Announcement!


Linda and I have been doing an experiment the last few months. During our walks, she has been taking my harness and leash off me for longer and longer intervals. It started out right at the edge of our lawn. I would scamper up the hill and wait at the front door. Each week she would take it off a little further away, usually one house at a time. Today.... DRUM ROLL please... I did the entire walk off leash! I stay very close to her, no more than a few feet ahead or behind. If another dog is coming we don't know, she picks me up. Of course I always stop way before the curb and wait to be carried across the street. Chimmie is so jealous, but there is no way Linda trusts him off leash at this point. She is waiting to see if we can do it on the wooded trail. There are foxes, owls and hawks, so we probably won't for my safety. (Linda said she is going to get an email as soon as a certain someone reads this telling her what a bad idea it is.)