Friday, May 1, 2009

Something Fishy About this Heist


As my loyal readers already know, there is something about people stealing seafood that really makes me laugh. I've already written about men stuffing frozen shrimp down their pants. Remember the man who stuck the live lobsters from the Aquarium down his pants? Just when I had giving up on seafood heists; along come 2 women in Miami who stole 71,000 pounds of lobster tails! The shoplifters stole the individually packaged tails from a seafood company. Then they went to restaurants and tried to sell them. Duh! The women were captured on surveillance cameras. No word on if the women stuffed the tails down their pants. You would have to have some mighty big stretch pants to fit 71,000 pounds of lobsters inside. I think this lobster's tail is probably a little on the scrawny side, but with enough butter, I bet it would taste good.