Wednesday, May 27, 2009

We have feelings too!


Scientist are very busy discovering new things. Some of them devote their entire lives to important things like space exploration, developing new more efficient fuels and studying to see if dogs have morals. There is a new book by an important scientist that explains how mammal's brains are hardwired with morals similar to humans. Mammal's can senses fairness, help other animals in need and show empathy. I already knew all this was true. Every time Linda is sad, I always lick her tears away and do little tricks to make her laugh. Snickers was the king of empathy. When Sheba did something bad (which was pretty often) and got in trouble, he would always act so sad she was being punished. Snickers also saved me so many times from Chip attacks, even when it caused him pain because it hurt him so much to get up. He never ate my food, even if he was hungry, because he knew I would want to eat it later. I'm not sure if the study is right about cats through. I've never seen Chip show an ounce of compassion or fairness.