Monday, May 25, 2009

Seal of Approval


I love to bark at the door bell. It does not matter if it is the real door bell, or just a door bell ringing on TV, I still bark my little head off. I also bark with even more intensity when Linda says "Do you want me to get my shoes on?" All that barking is free, you don't have to pay once cent to listen to it. Why then, are officials in San Diego spending $700,000 a year to scare seals off the beach by using barking dog sounds? Don't seals bark to each other? The seals are taking over the popular beach so people can't swim. If the barking dogs don't work, they will spray the seals with water. Don't seals like water? How would that scare them away? They should just post a sign that says "No Seals on Beach". That's what they do for dogs. "No Dogs on Beach." They expect dogs to understand the signs, why not seals? Linda can record my barking and use it to scare away all the birds taking over our back yard. I can't play out there anymore because they dive bomb me when I romp and run.