Friday, May 22, 2009

Call Whine-One-One


We almost had a dire emergency tonight. In my earlier post today, I said how careful I had to be playing outside in the hot weather. Sure enough, a few hours ago I had another seizure. This one was longer and more severe then I've had in the past. The entire side of my body goes into stroke like symptoms, my head falls over and I can't stand. Then I shake and quiver. It made Linda crazy with worry. She called the vet, but it was closed. She called Jerry, he did not answer the phone. Finally, she called the emergency 24 hour clinic. Jerry got the crying-hysterical message and came over in less then 5 minutes. Things settled down and I was feeling better. They watched me for a few hours and decided I was going to live. I do have to go to the Vet next week to be totally checked out. In Cheyenne, Wyo. a man saved his dogs live by sucking rattlesnake venom from a bite on his dogs nose. The dogs head swelled up to 3x the normal size. The man & dog had to have very expensive anti-venom shots and lived to tell the tale. The only side effect from tonight's fiasco was 3 more gray hairs on Linda's head.