Sunday, May 17, 2009

It Will be OK Big Guy



Gibson is a harlequin Great Dane. He holds the title of the World's Tallest Dog. He loves his owner and even sleeps snuggled up with her in bed! I sleep on Linda all night too. The difference is that I am 6 inches and 4 1/2 pounds. Gibson is 42.2 inches and 170 pounds! When he stands on his hind legs, he is more then 7 feet tall. When I stand on my hind legs, I am halfway to Linda's knee. He is a certified therapy dog who visits cancer patients, burn victims and veterans. I do that too, only I just stay inside my house. Every time Linda or Tierney get sick, I'm right there to help them feel better. Gibson has been on every TV show and in every newspaper. He even has his own Blog (which is nowhere near as good as mine, truth!) Now Gibson is home recovering from having his leg removed. He has bone cancer and has to have chemotherapy. Dr.'s say he'll have a full recovery. (The little dog in the picture is 4" tall, 2" shorter then me.)