Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Mister, do you have a dime?

Every time a doorbell rings on the TV, I go ballistic. There is a certain commercial that has a doorbell ringing 2 or 3 times. I wake up from a sound sleep and go crazy up and down the hallway barking my head off. I want to make sure Linda is aware that there might be a bad man at the door. (She told me most bed men don't ring the bell, they just break in, but I still don't want to take any chances.) That is why I feel so bad for the old man who called the police because his neighbors were playing the same song over and over, at all hours of the day and night. When the police came to investigate, they found a musical greeting card on the old mans windowsill. When the wind would blow, the card would slightly open up and play the song. Hey, it's easy to be fooled. Old man, don't feel so bad because even young pups get fooled. Linda loves this idea of the "pay" doorbell. Yesterday, she had to roll out of bed (since she can't sit up with her ouchie back) to get to the door. Two salesmen rang the over and over and she had to tell them to go away. If we had this pay bell, I doubt they would have rang it all all.