Friday, May 22, 2009

Friday Fun


We just finished cleaning and Linda promised to take me to the dog park as soon as it cools off a little bit. Even though I am little, I overheat really easily. Other dogs run around, jump and play with no side effects. I get doggie-asthma and do little backward coughs. I also have had two mini-seizures from running in the heat. I have to be careful to take it easy. It's hard for me to go slow because I want to race every where I go. Last night I had a little tizzy-fit while Jerry was throwing my toy. I had to stop and settle down. Maybe I'll outgrow it, think? This isn't me playing with the teddy bear, but I thought he was adorable.

P.S. Whew! The dog park was fun but it was still too hot for me. Of course I was the smallest dog there. The next biggest was a 9 pound Morkie (Maltese and Yorkie.) Some of the dogs are a little rude. When I tried to get water from one of the 4 bowls around the tree, they would run over and push me out of the way so I could not get a drink. Linda did not intervene to shoo the other dogs away. She explained I had to be assertive and get my face in the bowl too! It worked! They eventually let me get a turn.