Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Adopt a Dog Today!


Because of the popularity of the movie "Beverly Hills Chihuahua" many people went out and purchased Chi-Chi puppies. Many of these people did not do their research and now those very dogs are in pounds and shelters looking for homes. Here are the good/bad aspects on owning a Chi-Chi. Good: Chi's are fiercely loyal, smart and full of personality. (These are all very true, especially the smart part.) Bad: Chi's bark if they don't get enough attention. We can also can get "mouthy" and nip strangers or unknown dogs. (Also true, I hate when anyone shows Linda the least bit of attention and ignores me.) Good: We live on an average of 20 years. Bad: As we get older, there are more health problems and that means big bucks. (I'm worth it!) Good: Chi's love to burrow and snuggle into shirts, blankets, laundry. (Oh Yeah! Give me a pile of warm laundry and I'm in heaven!) Bad: I do tend to scratch and try to dig a hole in Linda's blankets. Good: We fit perfect into purses and can easily be transported. (I love when my black carrier comes out of the closet. I jump right in all by myself.) Bad: What's bad about being carried everywhere?