Saturday, April 25, 2009

Home is where the Owl is


Yesterday, I had a BIG outing with Tierney. She took me to a "yuppie" outside towncenter mall near our house. There are very expensive stores and restaurants mixed with fountains, lots of places to walk and a slew of people. Some people walk their little purse puppies (and not so little as I found out.) It was fun, but exhausting. Linda was very nervous and had to do deep breathing to relax because she thought Tierney would lose me. Tier took a video of me meeting a Boxer. Maybe she'll put it up on my Facebook, but I'm not holding my breath. It's a good thing she did not go across the street to Home Depot. In other HD, a great horned owl lives right in the garden center. He swoops around ruling the whole area. A mom owl made her nest inside the garden area, then flew away after the baby owls were born. One of the baby owls fell to his death, but the second made herself at home and now rules the pansy's, peat moss and garden shovels. Owls are afraid of people, so it has not attacked anyone. Everyone loves the owl and even comes to the store just to see her 4-foot wing span swooping in and out of the plants. I just want to be careful, because I am the perfect snack size for a great horned owl.