Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Ruby Tuesday


What do you get when you combine "ruby" and "puppy"? You get a dog named "Ruppy" or in this case, 4 dogs named "Ruppy". Why name 4 dogs the same name? Because they are 4 cloned dogs that a South Korean scientist engineered. Why include ruby in the name? Because the dogs glow red under ultraviolet light and their nails and abdomens even look red. Linda used to have a dog named "Ruby". It was named Ruby because when she was driving home with the adopted dog, she saw a Ruby Tuesday's restaurant and all of a sudden knew that was her name. Ruby was a regular dog and did not glow in the dark. The scientist say that the gene which makes them glow red could develop cures for human diseases. There is a lot of science involved that I don't understand so I am not going to try and explain it. What I want to see is a glow in the dark cat. If we could get Chip to glow in the dark, she would not be able to sneak out from dark corners and scare me half to death when I go use the pee-pee pad at night.

P.S. I forgot that I already wrote about the glow in the dark kitties last year. You can read about them if you look at the Aug. 28 2008 post.