Saturday, April 25, 2009

Big in Spirit


And I thought I was little! I was a minuscule 25 ounces when I first came to live with my humans. Just a wee little pup with a LARGE personality. (Although I was 8 weeks old, maybe I was the same size as Dancer when I was born.) A Chihuahua named "Dancer" was only the size of a human thumb when he was born. The vet suggested that he be euthanized. But Dancer's mommy had been found abandoned, starved and neglected when she was adopted. She was also pregnant. Dancer had a will to live! Now the year old pup is 18 ounces and stands 4.1" from paw to shoulder. Of course Linda had to measure how tall I am. I'm now four and one-half pounds and stand 6" paw to shoulder. (I did not like Linda measuring me and kept trying to hide from the tape measure) I am still almost always the smallest dog everywhere I go.