Saturday, December 31, 2011

Top Ten Addiction

Maybe Linda should get this book.  I'm sure wasting hours on the internet is not in there.
This is New Year's Eve.  It's also one of Linda's favorite internet surfing times.  She loves to read all the top ten list from the past year.  There is a top ten list for everything: apologies, tweets, animal stories, crime stories, movies, books, fashion trends, dumb crook stories, ridiculously obvious study findings, etc. etc. etc....I was a little upset when I didn't  make the top ten animal blogs of 2011, nor did I make the top ten cutest dogs of 2011. Tier told us we are not allowed to talk about page hits and numbers, but lets just say my monthly page views are right at number 5 on the list of the top ten.  I guess it is good that I didn't make it so I stay humble.   Linda has to be careful because reading these lists will suck her into the internet.  An hour will fly by and it feels like 10 minutes.  Since she knows it can be a problem for her, she made a folder in her favorite bookmarks that says "waste of time."  She has saved a bunch of list that she has not read yet.  She set a rule that by midnight on January 1st, the folder will be deleted along with all the bookmarks and that will be the end of the time-wasting lists.