Monday, December 19, 2011

Free Wanda

But I am a deer!
I'm not sure if this is a happy ending for Wanda the baby cow who is back in her barn.  Five months ago, Wanda escaped from her farm in Connecticut.   She'd been on the lam living in some woods (ironically the same exact woods that people used to hide their cattle during the Revolutionary War.)  A group of people have been leaving food out for the wandering baby since July, and Wanda would come every day to eat.  When  they would get close to capturing her, she would flee.  The baby cow was adopted by a herd of deer and when the folks would sneak up to rope her, the deer would hear them coming and stamp their feet to warn her!  Finally, the men built a pen around her food bowl and was able to trap her when she came in to eat.  Poor Wanda bloodied up her face trying to escape.  I feel sorry for the deer who will miss her dearly.  I feel even sorrier for Wanda who will probably end up between two pieces of bun and topped with ketchup.  (This isn't Wanda.  The only picture I could find of her was the one where her face was all bloodied up. I refuse to post that.)