Saturday, December 24, 2011

Chimmie vrs the Cheetah

Cheetahs run 75 miles per hour.  I bet Chimmie could take him
Linda started a new tradition with us today.  From now on, after she does her normal walk with us she is going to put me back inside and run with Chimmie.  He is not that used to running on the leash and is very confused by what is going on.  Since Linda is about 20x slower than he is (he runs like a Cheetah) his running pace on the leash is like a very fast walk or slow, slow trot when she is jogging.  He needs more exercise than he is getting, so running is a short-cut to tire him out.  Linda's knees don't like running on pavement, but she'll have to suffer so he can get tired out. I wish she knew a fast runner that lived nearby where he could really gallop while on the leash.  I guess she could ride her bike and let him run.  Today, Taylor came over while she was working to play with us.   He threw the ball a bunch of times with Chim and taught him some new tricks.  I only stayed outside for a few minutes and wanted to come back inside.  I don't do well with people I'm not close to on a daily basis.