Thursday, December 8, 2011

Switched at Birth?


A Chimmie Twin!
Will the real Chimmie please stand up?

Whenever Linda takes us on a walk or to the dog park, people wonder what breed I am.  There are a lot of Shorkies out there (Shihtzu and Yorkie cross) but not a lot of Chorkies.  I'm part Chihuahua and part Yorkie. Linda and a few select others think I'm adorable, but lots of people think I look kind of funny.  Sure, my fur is crazy and my ears are huge.  OK, maybe my head is a really tiny for my body size and my legs are short. But all put together, I look pretty cute. When they see Chimmie, everyone says "Oh, a Mini-Pincher!"  No, Linda says, it's a Chihuahua.  No one ever believes her.  Chim is a solid 15 pounds of muscle and taller than her knee.  Chihuahua's are supposed to be small and tiny.  Linda decided today to see why people keep saying that he is a Mini-Pin, so she googled what they look like.  WOW!  Could Chim really have been switched at birth?  He was 3x the size of the other puppies in his litter and when Linda saw his parents, they were only 4 and 7 pounds each. She does not really care, she loves him no matter what his breed, but she is starting to really wonder what he actually is.