Sunday, March 8, 2009

Get outta' my hood.. Or Else


I love walking on the trail by our house. It is forest, streams and winding paths. If we go in the early evening, we most always see deer a few feet off the pathways. One very scary time, a big red fox ran across the path right near us. The biggest fear Linda has is that a large hungry hawk will swoop down and carry me off like the crazy evil monkey did to Toto in the Wizard of Oz. (Maybe I just dreamed that part). This fear is not just made up either. In Maine, an ornery owl has been swooping down and hitting hikers and cross country skiers in the head! Eight people and at least 2 DOGS! have been attacked by the gansta' owl. In Bangor, 5 attacks took place on the same evening! Park rangers are wondering if the owls are guarding eggs or becoming more territorial. I think they are just out of their bird brains. If an ornery owl swooped down on me I would be owl-chow, that's for sure.