Saturday, March 28, 2009

Help, I'm Blind!


Finally, I'm not the smallest one. This bitty-witty-baby clouded leopard cub was just born at the Smithsonian's Zoo Conservation Research Center in Front Royal, Va. last week. Full grown, the leopards are 2 - 31/2 feet long and weigh up to 50 pounds. They eat deer, birds, pigs, monkeys, fish, and porcupines (ow! that has to hurt), Luckily for me, Wiki does not mention that they eat Chorkies, so if one escapes the Front Royal center, I'll be safe. In the zoo, the cats also eat eggs and veggies. They don't live in our country in the wild. You have to go to southeast Asia and northeast India to see them. You better hurry though. The leopards might soon be extinct because their forests are disappearing and bad people are hunting them dead. This kitten is just so cute. If it came to live with us, I doubt that Chip would keep her "bully" status once Leopie grew a little and opened his eyes.