Wednesday, March 25, 2009

It's a Scary World


An 11-year old autistic boy climbed out onto a third-floor balcony at school and hung his legs over the side because he was scared on his first day. No amount of coaxing by the boys mom or teachers could get him off he ledge. Firefighters were called to help in the rescue One of the firemen heard that the boy loved superheros. He dashed back to the firehouse and put on his Spiderman costume and swung into action. The fireman told the boy that no monsters would get him and Spiderman was here to save him. Sometimes I have to be rescued from scary situations. I won't walk down the hall to Linda's bedroom by myself. Chip hides behind doors and pounces out to attack me. I sit on my bed in the kitchen and cry until Linda comes to carry me. I want this Spiderman dog toy.