Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Buzz Off!


What an adventure this morning! It was scary, fun, exciting and tiring all at the same time. I knew we were going for a walk because Linda "got her SHOES on." When she says the SHOES word, I know we are going outside. Little did I know, but she had a bigger plans for us then a normal walk. We went on a hike in the deep, deep woods. There were trails, water crossings, and winding paths through undergrowth. It was so much better then the sidewalk. First, we saw a huge black buzzard-looking bird with a reddish beak. It was a few feet off the trail in a field. The beady eyes were staring at me and I swear, it was licking it's lips. Linda picked me up quick and tucked me in her sweatshirt until we were well past it. Then, crossing one of the streams we saw a tall white heron. It was so beautiful and this time the bird did not want to eat me. Finally, near the end of the trail, there were two large girl-deer right off the path. We froze and so did they. Then slowly (no lie) one of the deer started making it's way towards me. She lowered her head close to the ground. Her eyes were so kind, she looked like she wanted to touch noses. We kept super still, I just had my ears up and stood like a statue. She was close enough to reach out and touch! Finally, she lost interest and moseyed off to her friend. So far so good, right? Wrong. When we got home, Linda realized she dropped the house key on the trail. It was over an hour walk, so we could not go back out looking for it. She is going to take her bike out after her class and see if she can find it. (Luckily we had an extra hidden in a secret spot.)

UPDATE: Jerry ran the trail twice looking for the lost key and still could not find it. Thanks Jerry for helping us look. From now on I am going to be in charge of the extra key since Linda can't be trusted.