Sunday, March 8, 2009

Happy Birthday Barbie


Anyone who is a long time reader knows my fascination with Barbies. I've never actually seen a Barbie in person, but the whole premise makes me happy. I would love a replica human I could drag around by the hair and chew on all day when I'm left home alone. It's exciting to me that Barbie is turning 50 this year. In honor of her birthday, you can now by a tattooed Barbie who comes with her own tattooing gun. (I guess it's OK as long as the tattoo is a butterfly or flower and not a "tramp stamp") This comes at the same time that Democrats in West Virginia are trying to ban the sale of Barbie. The proposal from Democratic Delegate Jeff Eldridge thinks the doll puts too much pressure on girls to look hot, when they should want to be smart. I'm just thinking it might be the WV school system that is the problem if girls are not smart, not Barbie being a hottie. The news story also said that Barbie is now Twittering (?), and is back together with her boyfriend. I think they should do an Octo-Mom Barbie next. It would come with 8 tiny babies and incubators. Actually, I would not be too surprised if that is not already in the works. P.S. Tattoo Barbie is already up on Ebay.
highest bid so far is $20.50.