Monday, March 30, 2009

Orville Choopenbacher


Last year I had a very close call when Linda fed me some steak. Not a whole t-bone, but just a few tablespoons but it made me very ill. I had to stay at the Vets to get an IV drip and medicine. Linda knew better then to give me chocolate, raisins, onions and grapes, but she thought steak was good for little dogs. It ended up being too rich for me to digest and I got sick. Now, vets are saying that it is OK to give us some more people food. On the A-OK list are things like cantaloupe, popcorn (This one is very good news indeed. I adore popcorn. As soon as I smell it start to pop, I do the happy Choopie dance), baby carrots, apples, and steamed veggies are all safe for our tummys. The limit is 10% of our daily calorie in people food. For a little tiny dog like me, that's probably only 4 popcorn kernels and one baby carrot!