Monday, July 28, 2008

Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep....


There are people who pray to saints for blessings and protection. I don't agree with this practice, but I just found out about St. Roch the patron saint of dogs. Born in 1295 in Montpelier France, he helped the poor and needy and eventually contracted a contagious disease. Roch retreated into the forest so he would not infect anyone else. He was befriended by a dog who bought him food from a nearby manor house and licked his wounds until they healed. When he returned home, he found that his whole family had died. Roche was arrested and falsely imprisoned for spying. Along with his faithful dog, they cared for other prisoners until his death in 1327. Now it's never been easier or more affordable (just $4.95) to bring the power of the patron saint Roch to your aid. Each 3-3/4" tall, hard vinyl Saint comes with a 3" wide base and a removable backdrop that includes a pray for dogs. I'll pray that Snickers will be healed; Chip will stop annoying me and Linda will only feed me fillet mignon.