Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Does a Gummi Bear Poop in the Woods?


I can't "bear" the heat outside. It is so hot, but I want to go with Snickers when Linda takes him out front for his short bathroom break walks. I have to be carried because it's too hard to walk us both at the same time since one of us (I won't incriminate myself) has no manners and runs crazy. Speaking of bears, this bear rug made me smile. It is totally made out of Gummi Bears. How fun is that? You can also buy Gummi worms, frogs, zebras, penguins, burgers, cherries, cola bottles, sharks, hippos, lobsters, octopuses, fruit shapes and even Smurfs. Pretty awesome, right? Sorry, wrong again. Gummi bears are made with bovine (cow) gelatin. Ewwww!! Plus, gelatin may harbor bad thins called prions that cause...ready.. Mad Cow Disease. (We just wrote about Mad Cows a few days ago). It also could cause CJD which is a rare and incurable degenerative neurological brain disease. If you want to make your own Gummi Rug, go to candywarehouse.com and there are 32 different kinds of bears ranging from $15 to $80 per order. Just make sure you don't eat the rug, use it for decoration only.