Wednesday, July 9, 2008

It's not about the shoes


I'm letting Linda write this post today: I'm glad I live in America where we have the freedom to worship and go to church without too many hassles. But we do seem to go out of our way not to offend non-Christian type religions. Kids can be suspended for reading their bibles in school, even if they are reading quietly during study time. Many workplaces don't allow people to read their bibles during their breaks. That is why this new guideline drawn up by ACPO is a perfect example of what I am talking about. From now on, if a police sniffer dog has to search a Muslim's home for explosives or drugs, the dogs will have to wear bootees with rubber soles when searching the homes of Muslims so their paws don't touch the floors and cause offense. If the Muslim seriously objects, the sniffer dogs will be used only in expectational cases. I guess if I was a bad guy and had drugs or bombs in my house, all I have to do is say I'm Muslim and it's against my faith to have a dog in my house. I do believe in letting people worship and believe whatever they want, but shouldn't it be fair to all faiths and not just some? Choop's two-cents: I read what Linda wrote and what is the big deal? If the dogs get new shoes out of it, thats a good thing. I just hope they are Jimmy Cho's or Manolo Blahnik's. But my bet is they will be something boring from LL Bean.