Sunday, July 6, 2008

Black Cat Fireworks


I almost jumped out of my fur tonight during our walk. The boys next door were doing fireworks in their driveway. It was really dark so Linda did not see them until we were right up to their yard and all of a sudden, Whoosh! Bang! Sparkle, Sparkle! Boom! I stopped dead in my tracks and flattened myself like a pancake into the grass. I think they were Black Cat fireworks because they were horrible. Linda scooped me up and carried me close while we ran in the house. Fortunately, Snickers already had his walk (the first walk Linda carries me in the doggie purse, the second I get to go on my harness) so he wasn't traumatized like I was. Dumb fireworks. Can't people just enjoy the 4th of July quietly? One dog pound picked up 30 free running dogs on Friday & Saturday because they were spooked and either jumped their fences or got off their leash because they were petrified of fireworks. Of the 30 lost, only 5 dogs have been reclaimed. One of our local towns refused to do fireworks this year and held a fabulous light show instead. Maybe more places will do that next year.