Sunday, February 6, 2011

Step To It!


Jerry is doing this pedometer challenge at his work. He is on a team that is competing with other teams to do the most walking/running. This was wonderful news for Chimmie and I. While Linda was teaching, he came over to visit yesterday. Even though it was drizzling out, he put our jackets on us and we headed out. I know some dogs run marathons with their humans, but I am 6 pounds and Chimmie is 8.5 (Who knows, he might be more then that now!) and we can only go short distances before I start wheezing. Chim could probably go forever, but he gets cold so quickly since he has no fur to speak of. Back to the pedometer... to get his miles up for the day, Jerry walked us over 2 miles! If I could do that everyday, I would get this extra pound off in just a month. Once spring comes, we'll get back to our 3 times a day, 20 minute walks on our trail. When Linda gets an extra $55, she is going to buy me one of these TakaraTomy pedometers. It actually measures the steps of 4 legs, not 2. Plus, the LCD screen doubles as a name and phone number tag in case I decided I ever want to take a walk on my own and get lost.