Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Sale of the Century

Linda came home lugging 4 big bags of dog food yesterday, not to mention a bunch of cans. While she was at her favorite pet store to buy us more food, she saw this brand on sale. Chimmie will eat ANYTHING, I really mean that too. If Linda isn't quick enough, he'll eat his own .... (gross!) This isn't what we normally eat, but when Linda saw the price, she could not resist. The bags were on sale for $2 each and the cans were .40 cents each! The regular price was much, much more than that. The reason she didn't buy even more is because it's puppy food and Chimmie is not going to be a puppy forever. I get boiled chicken, a teaspoon of canned food and a few dry kibbles in my bowl. He gets 90% kibble bites. Oh, he loves the new food. Me, on the other hand, would not eat my regular mixture with the new kibble mixed in. I'm so fussy.

This isn't the first time she's found a sale like this. Our Giant Food had boxes of 100 pee-pee pads on sale for $4.00. She bought 6 boxes. At Pet Smart, 100 pads can cost $49.00. At the time, it was just me living here. She thought it would last my lifetime. Since Chimmie came, we are already into our second box! When I pee, it's the size of a quarter. When he pees it looks like someone spilled a huge bottle of Mountain Dew!

P.S. She did check online for a recall on the food as soon as she got home. The date on the bags is also good. I guess the store is just not going to carry this brand anymore so they wanted it off their shelves.