Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Back Off!


Finally... I stood up for myself! I'm sick and tired of Chimmie taking my toys, my bed, wearing my harness, laying by the sliding glass door in my favorite spot and even competing for Linda's lap when we watch Prison Break on the computer. Tonight, I just snapped. It was our nightly 30-minute buffalo bone chewing time. He wants my bone along with his own. He chews his for a minute, then comes and tries to chew mine before running back to his. I love me some buffalo bone and when he came tonight to push me out of the way and steal my bone, I let him know I was not going to take it anymore. I did the scariest-deepest-most threatening growl that can come out of a 6.2 pound Chorkie. I even showed him my tiny-little teeth! It worked!! He backed off and went to nurse on one of his stuffed toys. I wish I would have done this months ago when he first started getting bossy.