Thursday, February 24, 2011

Do You Like My Hat?


You never hear any stories about my sleeping habits at night. That is because I am perfect. As soon as I hear the words "Big Bed" I sprint to the foot of Linda's bed and sit waiting patiently. The bed is waaaay to high for me to jump up on. She says "elevator" and I pick my butt up a little and as soon as her hands start to reach for my belly, I spring straight up into her waiting hands. In all of 20 seconds I find the spot I want to sleep in, usually pressed up against her legs. I fall immediately to sleep and never move a muscle until Chimmie starts his morning whining from the bathroom to be let out. When the crying starts I crawl under the covers with Linda for 5 minutes while she starts waking up. It's the same thing every night. Except last night. I was having bad dreams and yipping in my sleep. When I would wake up, I was so scared that I had to climb under the covers. Then I'd get too hot and come out. I did this 2 or 3 times during the night. She forgave me for keeping her up because it usually never happens. Besides, who could be upset at a dog who looks so good in her new spring hat?