Saturday, October 3, 2009

Today I Was the BIG Dog


What an afternoon! Linda had to work from 8-2:30 p.m. today, and she has to leave again at 6:00. She packed in 3 fun outings in just a few hours. First, we went out for a picnic lunch. I was chasing two little birds that kept landing close to us. Then we went to Pet Smart where they had cat adoption day. Those cats are so chill. They just lay there and let me sniff them without throwing a hissy-fit like Chip would. Lastly, we went to the dog park. Check out my new best friend, Rocky. He is a Yorki/Maltese mix and weighs just 1 1/2 pounds. That is what I weighed when I first came home. Even though he was little, he was mighty! None of the 25 pound big dogs scared him. We ran and tumbled and had so much fun together. For once I wasn't the littlest dog.