Saturday, October 31, 2009

Let Sleeping Dogs Lie


An extra hour of sleep sounds heavenly. I love, love, love when Linda sleeps a little later in the mornings. Today she was up before 6 am to set up for the yard sale. It pretty much sucked. I was so tired all day from the sale. Now, our door bell is ringing every 5 minutes and it makes me crazy. It looks like I won't be sleeping in late tomorrow either, even though it is "fall back." Now I might have to change my routine for good. Doctors have been studying peoples sleep habits. I usually sleep all night long and then most of the day too. When Linda is home, she takes me for walks and play dates, but most of the time she is on the computer or reading, I sleep. The report said that routinely sleeping more then 8 hours a day leads to an increased risk of stroke. There is also a condition called "sleep drunkenness." This is what happens when you try to catch up on sleep during the weekend. After 12 hours of sleep, you spend the day sluggish and tired. One lady went to the ER because she was so disoriented after sleeping late on a weekend that she thought something was seriously wrong. Maybe those mini-strokes I have are from too much sleep. I better go play with a squeaky toy instead of napping.