Thursday, October 15, 2009

Can you say Cankles?


OK, so maybe this might be pushing the envelope about Barbie posts, but this is the first time I have read an actual quote from Barbie. Yesterday I wrote about the new, more realistic African American Barbie. Today, I am going to talk about Barbies cankles. Don't know what a cankle is? I didn't either. A cankle is where a girls calf and ankle are all one size, hence the cankle word. A famous shoe designer named Christian Louboutin is saying that Barbie has cankles and unless she has liposuction, he won't design her a pair of his famous 5" stilettos. He was hired to make 3 complete fashion collections for Barbie, but will only do it if Mattel gets rid of her fat cankles. Barbie has given a statement regarding her cankles. "It has all been a complete misunderstanding. Christian loves my ankles. He wants to give my arch a lift so I can rock those high stilettos. After all, my ankles are only 22 millimeters around, how can that be fat?" Barbie, you are 51. Do you really think you should even be wearing 5" stilettos?