Monday, October 5, 2009

His Luck Ran Out


Some humans just never learn. With dogs, it takes a few days of repetition and we pretty much get it. When I see a curb, I sit. I know that I'm only allowed to be carried in the street. When Linda says "Choopies Bed" I run and jump in my kitchen bed. I know that when I give Linda lots of kisses I get a doggie-massage. Mr. Griffin, a homeless man from Florida is just not getting it. He has over 50 prior convictions on minor charges. Since he is a repeat offender (I guess 49 charges must be the cut off in Florida), Mr. Griffin will be spending the next 15 years in prison for stealing a box of cereal and can of evaporated milk from the store. He rejected a plea deal that would have only give him 3 years in prison and 2 years of probation. I guess he thinks life in jail is easier then life on the street. While out on bail awaiting sentencing, the man was picked up and received four additional charges! This newspaper headline is not Mr. Griffin. This is another man who forgot that you don't poop on the floor while riding on the metro. He was taken to a mental hospital, but escaped. Hence the headline "Poo man on the run."