Sunday, September 21, 2008

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don’t help.


I wonder if they ever caught the tiger that got loose in Galveston? That would be scary if we lived there, but not nearly as scared as the poor people in the Sundarbans of India. The people, who are rice farmers, honey collectors and fisherman live in the 3,700 square mile mangrove forest. There are about 500 man-eating tigers roaming the forest. Nearly everyone in the Sundarbans has had a friend or relative eaten or attacked by a tiger! I know how scary it can be to have a cat after you. Chip is always jumping off things landing near me just to startle me. Sometimes she hides under the couch and pops out when I walk by. In one of the Calvin and Hobbes comic strips, Calvin wore a human mask on the back of his head to avoid Hobbes attacks. The Sundarbanites tried this tactic, but I the tigers were not fooled and kept eating the villagers anyway. I might get Linda to print a small mask of Snickers face that I can wear. Chip would fer-sure leave me alone then.