Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Hot Diggity Dog


Whoa, I had a close call today. Lately I've been playing in the back yard while Linda eats lunch or reads on the deck. Our old dog, Sheba the Siberian Husky, used to try and get out of the back yard. She chewed up fences, dug under fences, and plowed through screen doors trying to escape. She ran away so many times that Linda was not going to rescue her the last time she ended up at the pound. Anyway, there are some pretty deep holes up by the back fence. I was running around like crazy enjoying the freedom of not wearing a leash. There was a lot of cut grass lying on the ground and I did not see the deep hole. All of a sudden, I was upside down- head first into a giant hole. Linda rescued and I wasn't injured, just scared. She is going to buy some dirt and fill up all the holes so I don't end up in China someday.