Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Oh-Oh!



It's a good thing that Linda brings baggies to clean up after me when we go for our walks. She must really love me. I hope that our town hops on the bandwagon and implements the new program that an Israeli city is using to keep their town clean. All dogs must be taken to the municipal veterinarian who swabs their mouth to collect DNA. The city is using the DNA database to match doo-doo left on the street to the registered dog and owner. (Hopefully, the owners are not doo-dooing on the street!) Owners who pooper-scoop and put then droppings in specially marked bins along the streets will be eligible for dog toys and pet food coupons. The DNA database could also help veterinarians research diseases, investigate pedigree and identify strays. I'm all for it, maybe I'll contact Pet Smart and my favorite Vet and see if I can start a program in my town. This is another great excuse to use my favorite Barbie: Pooper-Scooper Barbie. The top drawing is the actual instructions in the box on how to make the dog poop. Oh-Oh!