Saturday, September 6, 2008

Mercy for Percy


Chip and I are getting alone marvelously. We are like Bert and Ernie; Lassie and Timmy; Red and Rover. It seems that we will become friends after all. Usually cats and dogs don't go together, just like some other animals naturally are enemies. For instance, birds don't get along with cats. This story about Percy the pigeon is a perfect example. He beat 1,000 other pigeons in an incredible 500-mile race, but unfortunately, he wasn't able to collect his prize. (I always try to double-check my story sources, but I can't find any other confirmation about what happened to poor Percy pigeon when he landed after the race. All I can find is a bunch of references to Percy the Potty Pigeon. If Percy fell in a toilet after his race, this would all be making sense.) It seems that he flew the 500 mile race, finally reaching the finish line only to land and be eaten by a cat. Now that I don't have the Big Dog around to protect me from Chips moods, I hope she isn't softening me up with kindness so I'll let my guard down and end up like Percy. By the way, Did you know that birds don't pee?