Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Oh, Deer. Poor Austin.


I had a great walk along the trail early this morning. I rode in the front pack the whole way since Linda wanted to jog and my legs are too little to keep up. It was a little bouncy, but I loved it so much. The woods were so pretty and peaceful. We see deer, squirrels, foxes and once we saw a woodpecker. The good thing about being the only dog in the house is that I get all the attention and walks. I am disappointed about the news we received from Friends of Homeless Animals. Austin, the dog we wanted to adopt, will probably not work out for us. The reason he did not come to Barktoberfest was because he has started to show leash aggression to other dogs. Plus, he has been drinking a lot of water and getting very tired. Sounds like he might have diabetes or something. He did gain 35 pounds in the last year from lack of exercise, so it could be weight related. Linda is afraid to bring a100 pound aggressive dog into our family. (I'm not scared though, I could handle him if he got grouchy.)