Friday, September 12, 2008

This Little Piggy Went to the Highway


If you have been reading my blog from the beginning, you know how much I like bacon. Linda keeps trying to get me to be a vegan like she is, but dogs just need their meat! I didn't know that bacon comes from little pigs, which are very cute. I might try to kick the habit now that I know that bacon just does not come out of the refrigerator. Yesterday, 156 pigs were running down Interstate 35 in Des Moines after the truck they were riding in overturned. Traffic was at a standstill while the pigs fled for their lives. The truckers, state troopers and fire fighters worked for hours to round-up the porkers to load them onto another tractor-trailer. The highway was closed for 9 hours before all the pigs were caught. Unfortunately, a few of the pigs did not make it and died during the crash. I wonder if all Pigs go to Heaven?