Friday, August 21, 2009

Mister, Do You Have a Quarter?


One of my favorite things is when Linda takes the hot clothes out of the dryer and puts them on the couch to fold. She says "Laundry" and no matter where I am or what I am doing, I come charging downstairs and burrow deep into the warm clothes. She always leaves a warm towel or tee shirt for me to sleep in while we watch TV. Tonight, tomorrow and probably for a future days to come I won't be sleeping in the warm laundry BECAUSE OUR DRYER IS BROKEN! Linda has been keeping it together and not getting upset as she called around to get it fixed. It ends up we need to spend our saved pennies to buy a brand new one. Since it is from 1983, the repair man laughed and said the model number wasn't even in his Whirlpool parts book. She is going to go tomorrow after teaching to look at new ones. Since the refrigerator, stove and dishwasher are all from 1983, we might as well get those before they break. Really, it is amazing that they have all worked as long as they did. Until we buy a new dryer, Linda is going to have to dig some quarters out of the couch to go Tiny Bubbles.