Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The Tortoise and the Dog


Missing: 52 pound, 2-foot long tortoise. A Pennsylvania lady is hysterical over losing her pet tortoise. Nala escaped after a delivery man left the back gate open. Turtle soup is a big delicacy in her area and she is petrified that Nala might end up in someones soup pot. She is also afraid that someone found her and put her in the woods near a stream. Nala can't swim and would drown. Our friend Mary just had a big box turtle lay eggs under her Hostas plant in the front yard. The turtle buries the eggs then leaves for good. (Some Mom, hugh?) Linda knows how scary it is to lose a pet. Someone catnapped one of her favorite cats named Pumpkin. If I ever get lost, I have a special microchip that will tell Linda where I am. It would be so cool if I had my own turtle to tool around on. This dog has his very own SUV.