Wednesday, June 24, 2009

In Sickness and in Warts......


I love weddings. When Taylor and Sarah got married, it was such a joyous occasion. People in love make me happy. Animals in love make me happy too! I read on the Internet that two frogs got married in a ceremony near Mumbai. The groom Rana and his bride Rani exchanged their vows over the weekend. The tradition says that if frogs get married with the full Hindu ritual, the rain god is happy and their will be a lot of rain to bring much needed water. I love Rani's long yellow braids. There was another frog wedding earlier in the year. Barun (means wind) and Bijuli (means thunder) were married in a ceremony that included songs and gifts for the bride Bijuli. The frogs enjoyed a light repast of flies and mosquitoes before being sent on their honeymoon to the local pond.