Thursday, June 25, 2009

Chip to the Rescue

Not the cat kind of Chip, but the computer kind of chip. I'm glad that I have a micro-chip hidden under my skin. The vet holds this mico-reader over your body and BAM! it tells who your owner is. If I ever get lost, a vet will be able to call Linda and tell her where I am. Once before I was born, Linda found a foo-foo white adorable dog wandering the neighborhood. It had a tag with a 1-800 number on it. She called and the land on the phone told her the dog's owners lived in Taiwan. From Taiwan to our town is more than a few miles. Come to find out, the owner lived here but never changed the info. Foo-Foo lived with us a few hours before someone came to our house to pick her up. Another dog in California turned up at the shelter. The chip said the dog was from Saudi Arabia! The info on the chip said the it was sold to the U.S. Military Training Mission in Riyadh. They can't find the owner, but are still trying. Lot's of people want to adopt him. The shelter officials are hoping to find the real owner. I hope that if I ever get lost people will do their best to find my real home.